Thursday, February 24, 2011

Getting To Know You

Hello Sweet N Sexy Divas!

Last night I was thinking of what I'd like to blog about today and as I pondered long and hard, the subject of why we, as authors, blog in the first place came to mind. For me, it's a way to connect with my readers and give them an opportunity to know me on a more personal level. Sure, I have some loyal fans who'd buy just about anything I'd put out there, but for the majority of romance readers, they've never even heard of me. And so I blog to catch their attention and hopefully help them feel compelled to investigate me and my work a bit further.

While that is certainly a difficult thing to do at times, I enjoy the time spent getting to know potential readers on yahoo loops, at book signings and conferences. At those venues, my readers can get to know me, but I still walk away not truly knowing who my readers are, at no fault of their own.

So today, I'd like to take this opportunity to get to know my readers (and this includes my fellow authors too.) To do this, I've drawn up some random questions I thought would be fun for everyone to answer. Don't worry, most are just simple one-word answers. But I thought it would be nice to turn the tables and get to know my audience for a change.

Below are the questions (that you can cut and paste in the comments section). Now, don't be shy...I'd love to read your replies. But just to get the ball rolling, I've answered each of those questions, too, at my new photo site called Rendezvous With Renee Vincent. It's a photo blog with all kinds of photos from my past events, signings, horseback riding trips, vacations, etc. I decided that since I was going to Ireland and Scotland this year, I needed a great site to host my pictures so I could share them with my readers. It's a simple, easy to navigate site and I invite you to hop on over and take a look.

But first, the questions:
Favorite color:
Favorite food:
Place I've longed to see for years:
People I'd love to meet in person:
Best kiss I ever had:
Car I'd like to drive before I kick the bucket:
If I could go back in time for a day, when and where would I want to be:
Favorite way of life that I wish still existed today:
A modern day convenience I could live without with no trouble:
A modern day convenience I couldn't live without:
One of my favorite sounds:
Something I want to learn to do:
My favorite ice cream:
Favorite thing to wear:
Things I could never have too many of:
Someone I haven't seen in a long time and would pay a fortune for the chance:


*Cut and paste these questions in the comment section with your answers and then when you're finished, jump over to my new site and check out mine (bottom of right column.) Sound like fun? I hope so...because I really cannot wait to read your answers and get to know you!

No comments:

Post a Comment