Sunday, February 10, 2013

Cupid Rocks update



Hi all,
  I'm really excited to share my updates about Cupid Rocks. The book will release on February 22nd and I've received my cover art for the book. Let's talk hot abs! Those definitely qualify, right?  Love the guitar over his shoulder and the leather jacket, too.

Cupid Rocks was fun for me to write because I loved Joe right away. This guy who'd been a rock musician most of his life, but was a working musician not a big star. Joe is on the road a lot and is feeling lonely even though his bandmates back him a cake for his 40th birthday. But his life turns on a dime when he meets Mandy. She's everything he's ever wanted in a lover. But there are some bumps along the way.

Mandy's parents, while they are True Mates, had a bumpy relationship themselves so she's not good at relationships. Joe's father is an exacting man and he's never quite approved of his rock guitarist son. And to top it off, they meet when Mandy is trapped in a lie she told her parents to make her life a little easier.

But this IS a romance, so ultimately, it's about the happy ending and the winding paths it takes for the hero and heroine to earn their happy ending. I love the relationship between Joe and Mandy and that they work to support and encourage one another. Together they are stronger. They are better together than they are apart and that's all any of us ever hope for in a love relationship. I hope that comes through in the story I tell about these two wild shapeshifters!

No comments:

Post a Comment