Thursday, July 12, 2012

Some of the best writing I've seen

Is on TV.

That's right, TV, that vast wasteland of incredibly incipid sitcoms, gag-worthy reality shows and mind-numbing sports programs (okay, okay, I hate sports - any sports - so shoot me).

The rare exception to the crappy TV programming is what's on AMC, USA and A&E. Here are my favs. If you haven't caught these shows, do yourself a favor. The writing is awesome - wickedly smart, scary and the characters wow - any writer should be proud to have penned characters like these.

1. The Walking Dead


I've never been into zombies, not even when I was a kid and loved horror movies. However, this show changed all that - it blew my freaking mind. I love the main characters and learned fairly quick that there would be pain because of it. Yep, even major characters die off in this series. You just don't know which one will get it until it happens. Amazing. Scary. Sad. The thought of this virus (or whatever it is) happening in our world is inconceivable and keeps me coming back for more.


2. Mad Men



Don Draper, you are a cad, a womanizer, a chain-smoking SOB and I can't get enough of you. Not only is Don sexy as hell, you just know there's something good within him struggling to get out. The politically incorrect language and thought processes of the men in this series is stunning. As a woman, it makes me think, "We've come a long way, baby."



3. Hell on Wheels


Mr. Bogrand can warm my bed any old time he wants. Until this series came along,  I never ever ever ever watched Westerns. That's changed. This story of revenge for what happened to his family during the Civil War and his redemption with the heroine (she's gutsy as hell BTW) is captivating. I love the way he drawls "Yes ma'am" and the look he gives her when she's not watching. Wow.



4. Suits



Can't say I like lawyers, but these guys - yum. Harvey (the one in the suit) is Alpha to the core yet with a clear streak of humanity. He's also a hottie. Mike, well, you want to smack him upside the head then give him a kiss for taking such foolish risks. The writing is smart and sexy. I've learned enough about the law from this series to take the bar exam. :)



5. The Glades



Jim and Callie, if you two don't get together, I'm going to put my foot through my TV screen. Their on again/off again relationship keeps me tuning in every week. Jim's an Alpha all the way but has a wonderfully wicked sense of humor. And when it comes to Callie...well, she can wrap him around her little finger. I love the witty dialogue, the playfulness between them, and then there's the sexual tension. Yummy.


Tina




Tina Donahue

“Heat with Heart”



SINFULLY WICKED (MAGNIFICENT - Romancing the Book)

THE YEARNING (HOLT MEDALLION AWARD OF MERIT)

UNENDING DESIRE (BEST BOOK Rating - LASR Erotic)

SENSUAL STRANGER (BOOK OF THE YEAR 2010)

DEEP, DARK, DELICIOUS (HOLT MEDALLION AWARD OF MERIT)



Website: http://www.tinadonahue.com/

Twitter: http://twitter.com/tinadonahue



No comments:

Post a Comment