Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sweet N Sexy Soulful Quotes

It's hard to believe it's already July. The summer has heated up and like the weather, I've got some hot reads for you this month.

The books I feature are from authors who were not afraid to be soulful, sappy, and/or suggestive when it came to their heroes. So, grab a seat, and pick up a pen and paper (or fire up your eReaders) so you can add these to your TBR collection.

Happy reading!

She heard the reassurance in his voice, but she learned long ago not to trust anyone, especially a man lurking about her window during the blackest hours of night. "If you wish to speak with me, then you must go through Messer Lorenzo. He is my guardian." She took another step and laid her hand on the sill. Call the guards, her inner voice told her, but her curiosity stilled her tongue. She'd thought of little else over the past two days since their initial meeting.

"I'm here now." 'Twould be rude to awaken the mon from his sleep at such an ungodly hour."

She hooted. "You awoke me." Her palm slid over the seam where the shutters met. A combination of apprehension and excitement sent her stomach spinning.

"Forgive me for pulling ye from your bed. If ye release the lock, I would be happy to tuck ye back in."

His lusty comment rounded her eyes on nothingness. Wicked barbarian!
~ Kimberly Killion, My Cursed Highlander


“She was supposed to help you?”

“Not exactly,” I amended. “She’s offered to help me many times, but I’ve always declined.”

“I see,” he drew out, folding his hands on the counter. “So, what do you wish you had to offer her?”

I turned around, hiding my embarrassment as I confessed the truth. “After she learns I had a man in my apartment, she’s the type of girl who’ll want details. You know, the dirty details. More explicit the better.”

I felt his presence behind me. I hadn’t expected him to ditch his place at the counter and approach me so daringly. He gently brushed the exposed skin at my neck and turned my chin in his direction. “You mean details like, how close I stood to you when I said goodbye? Or whether or not I kissed you before I left?”

I swallowed.

Hard.

I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t think about anything but Joseph touching me. His fingers curved around my jaw and held me motionless. The simple contact he made with my face rooted me to the floor. His hand felt warm against my skin, and I could smell the faint aroma of last night’s cologne swirling around me.

He tested me, this I knew, but my normal brain function took a hiatus. I was left with nothing but my own addlebrained thoughts and emotions, neither of which could save me from the intensity of this moment.

Still cupping my cheek, I saw a glint of amusement in his eyes. The corner of his mouth twitched into a smile. “How about you let me take you out tonight, and we’ll see if we can muster up some of those details your friend might ask for.”
~ Gracie Lee Rose, The Start of Something Good



On the drive back to Freeport, Dana sat in the passenger seat and stared out the window at the blur of darkness. Exhaustion numbed her emotions, but not to the state of nothingness she had lived in for far too long.

Life was worth living. Love was worth feeling.

“You’re awful quiet, over there,” Nick said, filling the empty space between them.

“It’s hard to comprehend. The enormity of the terrorist plot is so unbelievable, Nick. Seven different states and twenty targets. They were going to use our own weapons against us. And to think Arlen and Danny were helping support them in their efforts.”

“Look what it got them.”

“I just think Danny got sucked in over his head. Maybe it’s what I want to believe, but I got the impression he didn’t think he had a choice, that he was bullied into participating.”

“I guess we’ll never know.”

“Probably not.” Nick reached across the console and took Dana’s hand. “Please don’t pull away,” he whispered when she tensed. “I need to hold onto you, to feel your skin against mine, even this little bit. I came so close to losing you today. I don’t know what I would have done if I had. I know that you’re going to leave me soon, but I realized today that as long as you are somewhere in this world, I’ll have hope, and I don’t want to live without hope.”
~ Christina Wolfer, Emotional Warfare



Renee Vincent is an award-winning author of historical and contemporary romance.







No comments:

Post a Comment