Monday, November 7, 2011

Interacting with readers!

I absolutely love interacting with my readers whether they love my books or not. I know. I must be a bit crazy, but they give me the feedback I need to make my writing better. You can't please everyone and not everyone will like what you write. It's a given when you're a writer so plan to be disappointed, angry, sad or whatever when you get a bad review. It will happen at some point.

I went to a readers conference at an RWA luncheon this past weekend and loved it! I got to sit with a couple of readers who had never read any of my books, but we were able to talk writing and reading. I did sell a few copies of my pieces which is always nice. I don't consider it a goal for me to sell anything at a conference. For me, it's being with the readers and other writers and telling people about my books. I gave away a nice readers basket with my entire Wilder Series, some western themed bookends and a western frame in a really cool box. Hopefully, the girl who won it will enjoy the books. That's all I can ask for. I did give out some free books, bookmarks and things so all in all, it was a very productive day.

So, my question to all is this. Do you enjoy conferences where you can interact with your favorite authors? Do you like seeing your favorites as normal people and not someone you can't even talk to?

Some of my favorite conferences are Lori Foster's Get Together and many others. There are tons of new ones cropping up next year that I'll be at so come by and look me up!

~ Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment