Thursday, March 7, 2013

Spring is in the air!

Dang its cold this morning.  I live in Texas, so I should be happy with the cold.  Considering that by July, I will not be able to open the door without a blast furnace hitting me in the face.   Yes, folks it gets that hot in Texas.  I should be used to it since I’ve lived in Texas for 43 of my 46 years on this planet.  But nope, I still don’t like summers in Texas.

Spring is the best season in Texas.  My allergies don’t like it but I love it.  The flowers are blooming in spring and we get rain, too.   Woo Hoo!  Plus, with spring, the bluebonnets are out.   The Bluebonnet is the state flower of Texas.  It’s actually purple but shhhh, don’t tell anyone.  Here is a picture of fields of bluebonnets that was taken in the Texas Hill Country.  Beautiful aren’t they?



That picture alone is why I love spring in Texas.  They are everywhere and plentiful.  Drive on any highway, back road or dirt road and people have pulled to the side of the road to take pictures with their kids, dogs, anybody.  It’s a traditional in Texas.  You must have a picture of your child with the bluebonnets.  Sadly, the pictures that I have taken with our son are awful and I won’t ever share them.  We are hoping that this year we will get that perfect picture.  *fingers crossed*

It’s also baseball season.  I LOVE baseball!  Nothing better than watching men in tight or somewhat tight pants, swing a bat and throw a ball.  Some people have called it a simple game and for the most part it is.  It’s the one sport that anyone and everyone can either play or watch and not feel like an idiot.  My husband is the head coach of our son’s team this year and we’ve been busy so far.  Opening day for us is April 1st.  We cannot wait for it.  Plus, I love my Texas Rangers.  I’m still stinging over the fact that they traded Michael Young during the offseason but on the upswing they acquired Lance Berkman.  *sigh* I’ve loved him since he was a Houston Astro. 

So what’s your favorite season where you live?  I’ve heard rumors that some people up north actually like the snow.  What’s snow?  We don’t get that much in Texas.  I have been to Chicago during the winter and played in the snow.  It was great but it took my toes days to thaw out.  Not to mention my nose.  Wow, you know that your nose could freeze?  Apparently, not me.  LOL!

Harlie


No comments:

Post a Comment