Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sweet N Sexy Soulful Quotes

I don't know where you live, but around here, March has certainly come in like a lion. I'm crossing my fingers that it goes out like a lamb as the ol' saying professes.

With spring just around the corner, that means warmer weather, blessed sunshine, fragrant flowers, buzzing bees, and more new releases to read (while we soak up the sun.) Nothing says "Hot damn! Spring is here" like a hunky Alpha hero and his warm reminiscent touch on your soon-to-be-sun-kissed skin as his heatedly whispered words caress your soul. And boy, do I have some hot snippets for you!

The books I feature are from authors who were not afraid to be soulful, sappy, and/or suggestive when it came to their heroes. So grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and fire up those eReaders so you can add these new releases to your TBR collection. 

Happy reading!


“I’ll not stay here a moment longer. I will not stay if I am not with child.”

Eaden twitched his gaze to the bed and back at her. “Would ye care to increase the odds?”
Cathy MacRae, The Highlander's Accidental Bride





“Is making love something you do not wish to do?” Martin said. “As I recall, you seemed to enjoy it as much as I did.” Then, more tenderly: “Besides, I have missed you, Kitten.”

“No…I cannot. I am not your…your…” She could not bring herself to say the word. Their one night together had been a wonderful, amazing, and yes, passionate experience, but it could never happen again. She had escaped for one dreadful night into a dream. Into his arms. As much as she wanted his arms around her again, wanted to lie with him, she could not allow it. This was not who she was. Not who she was raised to be.

Placing his hands on her waist, he pulled her against him. The heat from his broad chest overwhelmed her as she stared into indigo eyes now stormy with desire. “You opened a door, Kitten, I’m unwilling to close.”
Regan Walker, Against The Wind



Giving in to temptation, he cradled that cool cheek in his hand, his thumb tracing the taut line of her jaw. “I knew you the minute I saw you. I knew you and you knew me, whether we like it or not.”

“I don’t want—”

“A relationship? A husband? Ties that bind?” Kevin supplied helpfully.

“Yes.” Her grunt of frustration sounded so much like his own he had to smile. Shelli Ann scowled in return. “No. To all of the above,” she clarified.

“Me either. Particularly not the husband, but for the sake of clarity I don’t want a wife, either.”

“Then what’s the point?”

He had to chuckle as he stared into her earnest eyes. He couldn’t resist. Heedless of the risk, he fell into those eyes, absolutely confident she’d never let him drown there. Even if he wanted to. Framing her face with his hands, he held her captive just long enough to brush her lips with his.

“That,” he whispered as he pulled away. Rolling to his cold-numbed feet, he offered his hand palm up. Hers for the taking. “That’s the point, Gidget."

“Gidget?”

He smiled when her fingertips grazed the center of his palm. Closing his hand, he held fast. “Chihuahua on the Taco Bell commercials.”

Her eyebrows rose as she did. “How do you know that?”

“I’m an insomniac with cable and high speed internet. I don’t know why I know half the crap I know.”
Maggie Wells, March Madness


* * *

Renee Vincent is an award-winning author of historical and contemporary romance.






No comments:

Post a Comment