Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Getting to Know Author Rita Hestand

I sweep into the room, majestically…like Loretta Young used to…(what you don't know who Loretta Young is?) I'm telling my age already. Any who…I am more than a little excited to be a part of the Sweet and Sexy Divas.  Thanks to two talented ladies, Sarah and Tina, I'm here today. Since this is a brand new site and I want to start things off right, I want to introduce myself and let you know I'll be here on the third Wednesday's of the month.  Some of you may be familiar with me, and some may not. In any case, my name is Rita Hestand, and I write a mixture of things. I started off writing contemporary romances, like Nick's Baby, and Pretend Mom. Then I began a contemporary western series, The Travers Brothers series, starting with Chief Cook and Bottle Washer, Courting Abby, Hannah's Man, and lastly Along Came Love. 
After a few more contemporaries, I ventured into the historical western romance genre. And if you are wondering why, it's very simple,  I love the western.  I love it so much I had to write about it. Mainly because they aren't making many western movies these days. At least not often enough for me. Although I did go see the remake or newer edition of True Grit.  And I liked it, all but the end. Even though it stuck closer to the book, I still cater to the older version, where Maddie invites Rooster to be buried by her and her family. It doesn't leave Maddie as a cold and unfeeling person, but shows the warmth that grew between the age gap.
If you get curious about my work, drop by Smashwords or Amazon where you will see all my books. You'll find my books, some short stories and some children's books which I also dabble in. You'll also find a few freebies at Smashwords, so help yourself, enjoy.
Another thing you might notice is that my historicals are with regular e-publishers. Well, I say regular, but I consider these publishers special and all three in different ways.  Two of my historicals, Beyond the Dream Catcher  (available now) and Love Rules, coming soon are with Decadent Publishing, wonderful publishing company that I am proud to be a part of. 


Another was just contracted by Secret Cravings Publishing, as she saw what I saw in Always Remember, she took a chance.  The third publisher is Whimsical Publications, which has Jodi's Journey for sale and Better Off Without Her coming soon, another publisher worth their salt.  These publishers are all very good to be with and I feel I have found a home for my historical, so check them out.
I'll keep you abreast of my new books coming out, but right now help me celebrate this new and wonderful place to be at the Sweet and Sexy Divas!!! Now I want to get to know you all and hope you stop off regular. We'll explore some topics that may just blow you away!

No comments:

Post a Comment