Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Inspirations

Spring is one of my favorite times of year. Everything is fresh and green, especially after a rain. I walk outside and find the flowers in bud, the first wildflowers poking up and the trees starting to grow leaves. I listen to the birds and admire the clear skies. As I do these things I notice my thoughts are clearer, and often I start getting new ideas for articles, characters, plots and more. Today I have a few pictures of springs, and some quotations about my favorite season.


Hark, I hear a robin calling!
List, the wind is from the south!
And the orchard-bloom is falling
Sweet as kisses on the mouth.
~Lucy Maud Montgomery

The air and the earth interpenetrated in the warm gusts of spring; the soil was full of sunlight, and the sunlight full of red dust. The air one breathed was saturated with earthy smells, and the grass under foot had a reflection of the blue sky in it. ~Willa Cather


When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~Marcus Aurelius


~Happy Spring! ~Brenda

Brenda Hyde has been a freelance writer of home and garden articles for over 20 years, and now she's working on a series of cozy mysteries while blogging about her characters in the fictional town of New Harvest, Michigan. Visit her at http://harvestmoongazette.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment