Friday, June 1, 2012

I Confess...


           A while ago a blogger at SNSD asked readers if they skipped sex scenes in romance novels. While reading a good story by an excellent erotic romance writer last weekend I realized something. I am an erotic romance author and sometimes I skip sex scenes. Well, I skim not skip.
            I’d never thought about it before. I knew I skimmed some of the love scenes in non-erotic romance. I don’t always like euphemisms for sex acts but I don’t want to miss any character development that might happen during a love scene. Last weekend I realized I also skim sex scenes in erotic romance. I asked myself why.
            After some soul searching and too much introspection for the weekend, I finally figured it out. The story may be gripping yet sometimes I am just not into the sex I am reading about. It isn’t personal and it doesn’t ruin the entire book for me.
Maybe that day I have a stomach ache and food sex is too much for me to take. No drizzled chocolate for me. Or it’s Monday and ménage is off the menu. I know it’s silly but sometimes I get to a sex scene and realize I don’t care for the content…that day.
What about you? Do you read, skim or skip?
Stormie



Enslaved in Desire blurb:
Camryn is taken captive after Earth is invaded by hostile aliens. She is sold as an exotic, an expensive sex slave. Camryn is willing to do anything to survive and escape captivity. That includes convincing her master that she enjoys his touch. Then she is purchased by the sexy warrior Venn. Now she must convince herselfthat she can resist a male whose every caress ignites a passion she has never known.
           Venn is an empathic and hyper-sensitive tribal lord from planet Ordan. He has never owned a slave, yet he cannot resist the beautiful Earth woman. She teases his heightened senses and pushes past the control he has over his emotions. Venn struggles to own Camryn’s body with scorching sex and a firm hand. And when his possession of her body is complete, he’ll try to claim her soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment