Saturday, December 1, 2012

Nasty Girl

I've been searching for a theme for a contemporary story. I don't write much in the contemporary category. Not anymore. I used to write little short-shorts when I was married. They were definitely NOT romance. My ex used to ask me if I would change my name if I published them. *blink*

I heard an old song lately that put me in the erotica frame of mind. Nasty Girl, by Vanity 6. At first I just sang along and danced. (Insert my embarrassed pre-teen and  teenager yelling "Mom, no.") I just laughed. I was having fun. I knew all the lyrics, even if I'd been only six when the song released in 1982.

Then I realized Nasty Girl is a song about a woman seeking sexual liberation. The hook says:

Tonight, I'm living in a fantasy.
My own little nasty world.
Tonight, don't you want to come with me?
Do you think I'm a nasty girl?

Vanity sings to an imaginary man in the song. She won't tell him her name. (stranger sex) She wants him to play her game and be mysterious. (role play) She wants a man to have sex with her wherever she wants. (public sex, exhibitionism, voyeurism) Half-way through the video she appears wearing a black teddy, black tuxedo jacket and a pair of black knee-high, heeled boots. (too many fetishes to list)

My mind is racing with the possibilities. I don't know if the story will be erotic romance or erotica. All I know is, it has to be HOT.

Speaking of hot, here is the cover for my new ebook, coming soon  from Ellora's Cave. The cover for Battling Rapture, was created by the fabulous Syneca. Battling Rapture isn't a contemporary story, but I think the cover and the story are five alarm.

Are there any songs that inspire you to be naughty? Give me a title and the image(s) that come to your mind.
I also won't be upset if you let me know you love my cover as much as I do. I wish it were in my hands so I could stroke Ryan (cover model) and call him "my precious". Excuse me while I go fan myself.

Stormie
http://www.stormiekent.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment