Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Appreciation by Rita Hestand

Since 9/11 just passed and I attended a funeral for a friend this past week, I’m feeling lonlier and think about all the friends I have and hope I never take for granted. Wanted to tell you how writers are about things.


I find myself sinking into writing and ignoring the outside world a lot and this means I ignore my friends so I can work. We as writers do feel bad about that, especially when something like a death wakes us up and makes us realize that you can’t take life for granted.

Not that I want to get morbid, but sometimes we go into our writing mode and life passes by unnoticed. We don’t mean to be neglectful, but it does happen. I’d like to take this time today to tell each and every one of you, including all my on line writing buddies that I do love and appreciate you. You do mean a lot of me. More than you all know.

Writing is a solitary life at times. We don’t mean it to be, but it is. It is a lonely job, but not lonely too because the people we associate with a lot is in our heads. And stay there till they can come out on paper.

So this is a private note from me telling you all how much you are loved and appreciated by us…the writers.

On a livelier not, I had two releases this month and both are doing well. Wanted you to check out Better Off Without Her and Love Rules. Both from different publishers.






I waited with baited breath as a friend read Better Off Without Her, my first serial killer in the old west book. Jo-Ann Sherman loved it and here’s a quote from her.

"Hi,I just got finished with the book. I read all day. I tell you what "Better Off Without Her" is a MUST read. People who enjoy your writing should read this book.. Great Job!!"

How could I ever replace a friend like this. Just wanted you guys to know it and let you know I love you all.



No comments:

Post a Comment