Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sweet N Sexy Soulful Quotes

I used to do this post at Nice N Naughty Authors blog, but I just can't keep blogging at so many blogs on a regular basis. Lately, I've had to make some changes with my schedule and cut back a bit in order to write, meet deadlines, and still take care of my family.

However, I've gotten such a great response from readers who liked this feature that I decided to continue it here. So for those who may not know, this is a segment where I share some of my favorite lines from authors who were not afraid to get all sappy, sensual, or even suggestive in their books.

The books I'm featuring today are stories I've read personally and loved. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did. And please, feel free to leave a comment as to which ones tickle your fancy.


Fallon pulled away from her and looked into her beautiful eyes and knew the feelings within him was love. “I cannot promise that we won’t fight, that there won’t be days you won’t want to smash my head in. But I can promise that I will love you always and do my best to make you laugh at least once a day. I can promise that my life will be devoted to you and giving you everything you could want to make you happy.”

“There is only one thing I want.”

“Tell me. It’s yours.”

A tear fell from her eye to roll slowly down her cheek. “You, Fallon MacLeod. I want you.”

~ Donna Grant, Forbidden Highlander




"That streak of British practicality will always war with passionate Celt."

"You're romanticizing," she claimed and lifted her chin. 

"The door's been open, Cassidy." She frowned because his words reminded her of her earlier thoughts. "Better for you perhaps if we'd kept it locked." He shook her once, rapidly. "Yes, it's done. The door won't stay closed now. It'll happen again." He released her then stepped back, but their eyes remained joined. "Go on now, while I'm remembering you were frightened."
~ Nora Roberts, Sullivan's Woman




"You know what I remember?" He shifted toward her and touched her arm when she would have risen. "You, bringing lunch out to us, wearing short shorts that showed off those long legs. I remember the way you looked, the way you smelled the night you came to me. The freckles across your shoulders and the way you felt." He was nose to nose with her now. His mouth inches from hers.

She breathed his name just before he claimed her mouth.

She'd experienced nothing that came close to what she felt with his hands roaming her body, with his tongue deeply exploring her mouth. Only Jacob had ever made her feel this way.

He broke off the kiss and leaned his forehead against hers, his hands framing her face. "I can't get over how much I want you." His deep, husky whisper caressed her cheek.

Places to find Renee Vincent:

No comments:

Post a Comment