Thursday, September 1, 2011

What Makes Your Soundtrack List





Blurb: A moment of reckless passion changed S’Niah Donovan’s life. As her familia’s healer she’s coveted, as the only female in three generations she’s overprotected. Personal tragedy takes her faith and hope in one fell swoop unfairly harming the one man who’s brought nothing but joy to her darkened life.
Mason Donovan loves two things. Music and his mate. The complicated woman wove an unbreakable spell around his heart and then shattered it with her desertion. No longer human, unable to leave her as she did him, he sticks around, in the shadows learning his new craft and how to tame his beast. Three years later, enough is enough. He plans on using every trick of magic to bring his wayward mate back into his life.

Not Since You Releases Soon from eXtasybooks.com

Sin and Mason are my rekindled romance. I didn't fully prepare myself for the emotional onslaught each of them would go through with themselves and with each other. I fully expected unfairly that Mason would be able to deal with how he felt about Sin defecting. His anger and hurt raging.
So when I was surfing for writing music I stumbled upon The Truth by Good Charlotte.
I realized then how deeply she messed up and the depth of his hidden emotions and how much he still loved her.



I found the quiet strength in my Hero. It amazed me and at the same time didn't. I get wrapped up in these two. Sin mostly she's my oldest female heroine. I have over a thousand pages of her written. From childhood up. She's stubborn and spoilt and sweet all at the same time yet she is a bit naive and too trusting. That she'd deny herself a happy life and settle for so little. Love makes people do wonky things and make piss poor decisions. It's nice it's not just tied to the human species but the other worldly too.




And Now for A Short Teaser


“S’Niah Murielle Donovan.” Her name plus the loud banging on the door broke apart their conversation. Sin looked at Reina and groaned.
“Well, I guess you have your answer.”
Reina so dinged it right on the dot. Chaos erupted in her home. The sound of Havi bellowing added to the banging of her door and Lyric’s voice saying her movie was over. Sin cast a surreptitious glance at the door, playing it off as if she didn’t know who was out there. Reina pinched her into action.
“Ouch.”
“Get to that door. I got the kids.” Reina darted into the playroom to handle the baby racket.
“Lyric. Auntie Reina will be in in a minute, okay?” Sin called out to her daughter as she headed to the front door, placing her hand on the knob and removing it. Would Mason go away if she pretended not to be home? She stepped back on her tiptoes.
“I don’t have time for games S’Niah. I know you’re right on the other side of the door.”
He couldn’t possibly. Or had his senses picked up quite a bit. Sin closed her hand around the knob and opened it up a sliver. “What do you want and how do you know where I live?”
“To talk… and I’ve always known.”
He sounded a bit angry and smelled better than the scone she’d devoured alongside Reina. “I have to feed the baby.”
“Hiding behind him still? Worked earlier, not this time. Let me in.”
“Mason Donovan you have some nerve demanding I let you into my home.”
“I played things your way once before Sin. Not again. You can open the door and let me in to talk like civilized adults or I can break it down and let myself in to talk at you uncivilized.”
Sin shut the door with force and wove an intricate ward with her dancing finger tips. Feeling rather smug with herself she turned, her intention to finish her conversation with Reina after seeing to Havi.
Pinpricks of unease drifted down her spine, her tiger moved restlessly just under her skin, pacing. She sniffed at the smell of magic and turned back at the door to see her ward unraveling quickly. In an effort to keep Mason out, she called upon her best spell and began a second level to shield her from his presence.
“I could do this all night and the next day.” Mason’s voice rang with determination and a hint of arrogance.
Sin cracked her knuckles and sat on the floor Indian style. “Let’s see what you got, or did you forget you gained your magic from me?” Sparks fizzled in front of her. He danced a fine tune dissolving layers of symbols. Each time he gained entry she slammed him with another tighter woven ward and smirked, though he couldn’t see it.
“You think that after a year of strategy with Roarke and Valerian I couldn’t disable a simple ward?”
“I don’t think it. I know it. You can barely keep up with my talent. You’re good…but I’m better.”
“Sin. I gave Havi a bottle and grabbed two more. Taking them over to my place.” Reina yelled to her.
“No. Wait. Reina.” Sin groaned.
“Problems? I’ll give you a handicap. As soon as the door shuts and she’s free. You have ten seconds to enable a new ward.”
Sin wasn’t a fool. Yeah she needed the handicap. He’d grown in capabilities since she last saw him. “Deal.” Her palms sweated profusely. Her back screen door slammed shut, the sound resonating in her ears. Rewriting the ward took a second longer than she anticipated. At each turn she stumbled to keep it moving, watching it stall on her and break apart into tiny fragments.
The door flew open with a spike of energy that sent shards of ice cold unease rippling across her body. Mason stepped in and used telekinesis to slam the door shut behind him, the entire time his scrutinizing glare dared her to bolt, to give him a reason to chase her.
Sin blinked and licked her dry lips in rapid succession. Her mouth went dry the moment she raked her gaze over his toned body decorated in new artwork. The white tee shirt stretched over his pectorals and the nipple rings he sported. Cargo pants encased his muscular thighs and side view of his ass she’d glimpsed briefly at the grocery store earlier. Now faced with all of him, desire coiled within her, waking the sleeping tiger she’d put into hibernation. On sensory overload her breath came out in uneven spurts, mimicking her unsteady palpitating heartbeat.
Yeah, he's enjoying my discomfort. Run or stand my ground? There isn't time for bubble gum in a dish or some other childish game to help me come to a resolution.
“Boo.” He leaned forward breaking her concentration.

No comments:

Post a Comment