Tuesday, October 25, 2011

CONTEST and interview with W. Lynn Chantele!!!

Please welcome our author guest - and stick around for her contest news!! ** More on that later

______________________

Please give us your website addy, a list of your books and a short bio.

I have two published books. One is a full-length novel, Seducing His Wife, with Whispers Publishing and an erotic novella, Breaking Delia’s Rules, with Breathless Press. Two more on under contract, both short stories. Keep an eye out for Decadent Seconds and Mistletoe Mambo.



Blurb:

Haunted by nightmares, Sheridan Sinclair just wants to get through one night without reliving the terrible accident that led to her miscarriage. And she longs for the arms of the man who betrayed her. Matthew Sinclair has always loved his wife, but when she refuses to speak to him after her accident, he's left to wonder what went wrong. When a stolen kiss ignites their forgotten passion, he'll use their love as a means to get her home and in his bed again. Will a husband’s plan of seduction be enough to heal a wife’s broken heart?

Buy Link: http://whispershome.com/erotic/seducing-his-wife/






Blurb:

Delia has just three rules for dating. First, a man should never assume he’s the only one. Second, he must stick to his scheduled day and time. Third—and most important—no sex. Enforcing the rules has never been a problem until she meets the hottie from the pool.


Jace has only five days to make every moment count. The more time he spends with Delia, the more he realizes she may be The One. With the clock ticking, he realizes there is only one course of action left to take if he wants Delia’s heart. Can he convince Delia that rules are meant to be broken?

Buy Link:  http://www.breathlesspress.com/content/breaking-delias-rules




A little about me? I live in a small rural community in Michigan, married my high school sweetheart, and we have three children. I write African-American and Interracial sensual and erotic romance. I love milk chocolate, especially Dove’s chocolate truffles or the caramel-filled squares (Godiva and Ghiradelli are acceptable), and play the bass guitar when the Muse begs for a bit of distraction. I can be found

Blog: http://wlynnchantale-decadentdecisions.blogspot.com/

Email: wlynnchantale@gmail.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/wlynnchantale

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/W.LynnChantaleAuthor


How do you usually come up with a story idea? Dreams? Writer’s journal? Eavesdropping on conversations? Newpaper?

I’ve never written a story from a dream, I don’t keep a journal. Too many bad memories from school, but I have pulled story ideas from eavesdropping, newspapers, and real life.

Who or what inspires you when your creative mojo is lagging?

A little time away from the computer helps. Right now I’m really looking forward to spending time away from home so I can sit in a hotel room all day. lol. But long, hot showers and jam sessions in the garage are great ways to inspire my lagging mojo.

Who is your Yoda—your seasoned mentor?

I can’t say I have one. I have some wonderful CPs whose advice and guidance I cherish. And I’m also the type to ask questions. Lots and lots of questions.

What importance do you place on writing workshops? What workshops would you recommend to us?

I enjoy writing workshops and am participating in one right now. And it’s free. Candace Haven started a group some months ago and I was fortunate to participate in all of the workshops she’s posted via this group thus far. As far as recommending a workshop, I enroll based on what I’m interested in. But anything that deals with getting a better first draft, the editing process, or queries I would suggest.

What person would you like to thank for inspiring you in your writing aspirations? How did this person help you?

I always thank God and my parents. They’ve always encouraged me to use my talent.

Have you ever used songs for inspiration?

Oh definitely. When a love scene isn’t working for me I pull out a little old school music. Keith Sweat, Jodeci, Teddy P., Barry White, um. And I wrote a manuscript based off of a Nickelback song.

Do you play music when you write? If so, what kind? Or, do you have to have silence or background noise to set your writing muse free?


It depends on the mood I’m in. Often there is background noise, unless it’s first thing in the morning or late at night. Usually the TV is blaring and if the TV is irritating my Muse I’ll flip on some music. Anything from the Funk Brothers to the Isley Brothers is fair game. I’ve even been known to listen to a little Paramore.

Do you read in a different genre than you write? If yes, why? If you read in the same genre that you write, do you feel that it influences your writing in any way?

My preferred genre is historical romance and mystery and if you can combine the two, happy, happy, joy, joy. I absolutely love the era of knights, lords, ladies, and the ton. When I read contemporary romance it’s more or less to keep up with what’s being published and since I’m still new at the erotic genre it’s interesting to see the different heat levels.

What is your process from idea to first draft?

When I have an idea I usually write a quick blurb, then flesh out my hero and heroine. That’s as much plotting as you’re going to get from me.

Have you ever given assistance to a struggling new writer? Has another writer ever come to your aide? How?

I have usually in the form of publishers because that’s all they want to know. As for someone coming to my aide. I can’t thank AJ enough. She has a way of getting me to see the error of my ways like no one else can. :-)

What do you consider your greatest accomplishments in your career so far?

My greatest accomplishment thus far would be having multiply books published in such a short amount of time.

If you won the big lottery, what would you do with the money? Would give any of it to charity? If so, which one?

Yes, I would give to charity. My church would get a portion as well as research for Retinitis Pigmentosa. After that I would set aside a specific amount to just blow. ‘Cause with that much money I gotta go shopping and buy whatever I want, even though I don’t necessarily need it. Then I would set up trusts for my siblings, children, nieces and nephews. My parents would be taken care of as well as my mother-in-law.

What is the best advice you want to give to a new writer?

Don’t stop writing. No matter what hardships come your way, never give up on your dream.

If you could choose an animal for a mascot, what animal would it be? What do you admire about this animal? Do you feel you have qualities similar to this animal? If so, what are they?

I would choose the meerkat. Have you seen these little animals? At the most they’re about 15” tall and that’s when they’re standing on their hind legs. They are very family orientated, protective, and only one dominant female is allowed in the house. Yep, that’s me.

If money, education and fear factors were set aside, what three careers would you like to attempt other than writing?

The three careers I would attempt would be a coroner/medical examiner. I always wanted to be Quincy M.E., a Forensic Accountant, or a Pastry Chef. Those careers would be so cool.

If money, talent and fear were no object, what big adventure would you like to have?

This might be cliché, but to travel around the world would be a grand adventure for me. I don’t know if I would do it in 80 days, but being able to take my time in different locations would be wonderful.

What characteristics do you like to instill in your heroes? What characteristics do you feel are necessary for a good heroine?

Hmm, I had to think about this one. All of my heroes tend to be romantic to some degree or another, as well as honesty, and a bit of mystery. I think strength is one of the main characteristics I place in my heroines. I can’t stand a weak, wimpy woman who can’t change a tire.

If you had the power to change two things in the world, what would those two things be?

Hunger and Racism.

If could have a super power for a day, what would it be? Why?

I would want telekinesis. To be able to move things with my mind would be phenomenal. I wouldn’t have to lift a finger the entire day. I could think it and it would be there.

 
*** CONTEST ALERT *** CONTEST ALERT *** CONTEST ALERT ***
 
One lucky commenter will have her choice of Seducing His Wife or Breaking Delia's Rules and a mug full of goodies!! So leave your comment now!

No comments:

Post a Comment