Thursday, October 6, 2011

Halloween - The Sexiest Holiday?

To my mind, the answer has always been yes.

Thanksgiving is about acknowledging our blessings. Winter holidays are about celebrating the best in the human condition. New Years' is just party central.

What about Valentine's Day? I almost hear someone asking.

Valentine's Day is about the hearts and flowers side of love and romance. Valentine's Day is sweet and gentle and cuddly.

Halloween, though... Halloween has always been to my mind the celebration of dark desires and forbidden longings. The changing of the seasons, the nights growing longer, the weather a little chillier. All of it working together to give a thrill of delight up your spine.

Something in me always recognized the sexual side to the holiday.

You could say I was born to be a paranormal romance writer, huh?

Anyone out there with me on declaring Halloween our sexiest holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment