Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ideas, ideas, ideas!

Where do they come from?

It's a question I'm constantly asked by readers, fans and other authors.

For me they come from anything. I can see a person sitting in the airport staring out the window and wonder what's on their mind. A lover? A new person in their life. Business? What about the waitress at the restaurant? Maybe the guy in the corner by himself is interested in her and comes in every day for coffee just to look at her, but he's too shy to talk to her. How about the person in the car next to me at the stop light? A new song on the radio? I love getting new ideas from all over the place and it's exciting to think up a story to go along with what I'm thinking. Songs are my favorite though. Someone told me once songs are just 90 second stories which is really true. If you think about it, they are. They might not necessarily start with where they first meet, but where the people in the song are in their lives.

So next time you glance across the room or see someone standing in line at Starbucks, let your imagination run wild and think up a short story for them. You'll be surprised at the way your mind will wander off into the great unknown. Experience the first kiss between lovers. How they slowly moved toward each other. The taste of his lips--the softness--the brush of his tongue asking to you to open for his invasion. The touch of his hand at the small of your back as he draws you closer.

Mmm...

Until next month

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment