Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Lure of Menage



There was a time when I just couldn't wrap my brain around the idea of a menage. Mind you, I have no trouble imagining it in my fantasies. In them I often have more than two guys wanting to take me on. :) However, in my writing I kept thinking about the dynamics of two guys wanting to share one woman.

I mean, won't they get jealous of each other? Won't there be fights? The usual macho postering? And what if the gal liked one guy better than the other? Would he know it or guess? What would happen then?

It seemed an insurmountable problem for me until I came up with the idea for SiNN, my first menage. In it, Lea's being stalked by a ruthless psychopath who wants her dead. Enter Jake Gabriel and Toby Quinn, US Marshals and friends sent to protect her.


At first, I thought Lea and Jake would be the sole love/sex interest, but somehow Toby kept nudging me and saying, 'Hey, give me a chance, will ya?' Rather than fight what my characters wanted, I just went with it and BAM (as Emeril would say), my first menage was born and none of the things I worried about happened. My heroes were confident enough in their own masculinity to have Lea crave them both at the same time. They became each other's family, in addition to giving each other tons of pleasure.

And now I'm proud to announce that my newest menage has just been accepted for publication by Ellora's Cave. I'm awaiting title approval, so I can't share that as yet. However, I promise this menage will be as steamy as SiNN and will bear my signature 'heat with heart'. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment