Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lovers on the Fringe by Stephanie Julian

The second book in my series, Lovers on the Fringe, has just been accepted by my editor. I don't even have a cover yet but I do have a title: THE BIGGER THEY ARE...

This is Andy's story. Andy is a Yeti shift. Yes, he's occasionally the Abominable Snowman but otherwise he looks like this guy. Oh my.

I know the series might sound a little strange but I am having so much fun with Bigfoot and Yeti and fairies and all those creatures you thought were just myths.

I'm also having a great time playing with Pinterest, the internet pinboard. Check me out and you can see all my inspirations for my series.

One of the biggest inspirations recently has been the Animal Planet show, Finding Bigfoot. I love this show. Matt Moneymaker is a true believer and Bobo makes 'squatch calls. Cliff enjoys running down trees and I'm not sure Ranae is as big a skeptic as she says she is. The show is occasionally laugh-out-loud funny and I'm totally hooked. It's on Sunday nights at 10.

Another inspiration for me has been Syfy's Destination: Truth. Host Josh Gates travels the world looking for freaky things like chupacabra and flying dinosaurs in Africa. You'll be meeting my version of Josh in an upcoming book. But first, in THE BIGGER THEY ARE..., you'll meet his sister Jenna.

If you'd like to read the first book in the series, check out SIZE MATTERS. This is Tim's story. He's Bigfoot. And you know what they say about a man and the size of his feet...

No comments:

Post a Comment