Tuesday, January 22, 2013

BEWARE Using Photos! by Adele Dubois

Over the years, I built a large blog following using picture-rich articles and columns filled with manly hunks. Those days were fun, but times have changed, and I’ve had to stop the practice. Photographers have joined musicians and authors in the fight to protect their copyrighted works. I can’t say I blame them. I know what it’s like to have others steal my books on file-sharing and pirate sites, and profit from my artistic labors.

Out of respect for my sister and fellow artists, I took all of my manly hunk posts down after word got out photographers were unhappy with the unauthorized use of their pictures, even with photo credits like the ones I provided. I have also taken down my Pinterest boards, and some Facebook pictures and You Tube videos, except the ones showcasing my book covers. 

After the New Year, I closed my Adele Dubois blog. I’ll continue to post news about 2013 releases, including Smokin' Hot Firemen, on my website at http://www.adeledubois.com/ 
 
I started a new blog, Adele Downs, to introduce my mainstream romance pen name. I'm truly a Sweet N' Sexy Diva! Later this year, Adele Downs will make her debut with new publishers and the contemporary romance holiday story A Convertible Too! http://adeledowns.wordpress.com

I'm still finding my way with the new Adele Downs blog, but will use only approved or personal photographs there. Authors who continue to post photos without written permission from photographers are taking a potentially costly financial risk. Takedown notices with the threat of a lawsuit behind them are a nightmare. (Remember when a media giant challenged my use of my real first name?) Posting unauthorized photos simply isn't worth possible repercussions.

I hope you’ll follow my new Adele Downs blog and join me on my mainstream journey. I’d love to hear your suggestions for interesting topics of conversation. What would you like to read about?
 
Here’s the link to one author’s copyright infringement tale: 

Best~Adele

No comments:

Post a Comment