Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Diva in Town


I’m very excited to join you all today. Just to let you know a little bit about me. My name is Willa Edwards. I’m an erotic romance novelist, writing mostly MF but some ménage and lesbian fiction. My true love is historical romance, which I’m getting back to after several years in contemporaries, but I love all romances and will be expanding into even more genres in the future.

This crazy amazing writing career I have now is definitely not what I thought I’d be doing, though I couldn’t be happier with the books I write. I’ve always wanted to be a writer. Ever since I understood what a writer does, I’ve been telling everyone I was going to be one. I jumped around from genre to genre in my younger days, writing fantasy, paranormal, horror and even mystery before I picked up my first romance novel and realized this was what I wanted to write (though looking back now I can see that every story I wrote in those other genres had a huge romance story line in it, I just didn’t realize that was the part I found the most interesting yet).

About three years ago I wandered into a romance writer’s group that changed my life. I met a whole new group of writers, authors writing sexy smutty books and publishing through electronic publishers. I’d only read mainstream romances before that, and was amazed and very interested in what many of these erotic romance authors were writing. Inspired by some of those books and the publishers they introduced to me, I wrote my first erotic romance novel for a submission call at one of these fantastic publishers. The story was a naughty retelling of Red Riding Hood, and though the novel wasn’t accepted I loved the genre, and found myself quickly penning a few more tales.

More than two years ago I received my first acceptance. Naughty List was published on Christmas Eve 2010. I still can’t believe it was two whole years ago. Since then it’s been a whirl wind. I learned about the industry, wrote a bunch of sexy fun stories and expanded into many different genres I never would have considered five years go. I now have ten releases to my name, and a career I never would have been able to predict and every day I get to talk to amazing authors I admire and converse with some awesome readers.

And this week marks another fantastic accomplishment. That first story, Wandering Off the Path, is now available for preorder. After many rounds of revisions and a great deal of growth as a writer, this story was picked up by the awesome Total-E-Bound Publishing. After a few more rounds of edits my baby is finally ready to enter the world.

There was just something about Wolf and Abigail that I couldn’t shake. I couldn’t leave them. Maybe because they were my first, maybe because there’s a lot of me in Abigail, I don’t know. But over the years, every once and a while I would pick up this work and revise and submit it again. No matter what I just couldn’t leave them. I can’t wait to see what readers think of these two who I love so dearly, but I can definitely say from my experience, persistence does win out in the end.

I hope to see you all quite a bit, and have the chance to get to know and talk with you each and every month (I promise I won’t always talk only about write, though it is hard for me to have a conversation without mentioning my one true love, my books). I’m so honored to be a part of this amazing group.  If you guy want to know anything else about me, please leave them for me in the comments. I’d be happy to answer any questions you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment