Thursday, May 12, 2011

Remembering the Brave

At the end of this month is Memorial Day. A time when families get together to grill hot dogs and hamburgers. Pools open and people think of summer vacations to come. But there are familes in America who will be missing someone special this summer and every summer to come. Please take a moment to honor our fallen heros, those who have given all for our freedom. You can offer a prayer or just remember them in any way you see fit.

My father was a veteran and my husband is one too, so I have always had a special place in my heart for the soldiers. (Besides, I am a sucker for a man in uniform!) This is one of the reasons I have written Civil War romance novels and one of the reasons I am doing some fund raising for families who have lost a loved one.
A Solider to Love - 50 % of Proceeds to Benefit Military Families







300x450 A Soldier to Love


I am selling A SOLDIER TO LOVE for the low, low price of only 99 cents per download. For each copy sold, I will donate 50 cents to an organization called Remembering The Brave. One hundred percent of the donations to this organization go directly to the work of helping military families and honoring those we have lost in the line of duty. If you go to the website, http://www.rememberingthebrave.org/, you can get more information. Just listening to the song and seeing the pictures on their home page brought tears to my eyes.

You can get a short story to read and help out some military families in the process. To buy A SOLDIER TO LOVE and give something back to those who fought and died for our country, go to http://www.smashwords.com/b/51208.

To see how we're doing in our drive to help raise money for soldiers, I have started keeping track on my website A Soldier to Love. Just scroll down to the table and take a look. I hope you will consider helping out with this cause and spread the word!



While you are at my website, please take a look at the other great novels I have to offer. JENNY'S PASSION and LILA'S VOW are highly acclaimed historical romances that tell the story of two best friends who enlist in the Union army in search of adventure and find more than they bargained for.


SECRETS AND SACRIFICES (a favorite of the Daughters of the Confederacy) tells the story of a brave young woman who joins the Confederate army just to be near her husband. She must learn to act like a man and guard her heart in the process.


ADAM'S TREASURE is a fast paced tale of two Pinkerton agents who race against time to locate stolen gold before there is an insurrection and war begins anew.

Happy Memorial Day, everyone! Have a wonderful and safe holiday!
~Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment