Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Waiting is the Worst by Stephanie Julian

I'm so not a patient person. (That laughing you hear in the background is my husband. He knows what an understatement this is.)

I hate waiting for anything but the publishing business is a whole lot of wait. And work and worry and wonder.

You work your ass off to write what you hope is a marketable story. You worry that anyone will publish it. And after someone thinks, hey, this is a pretty good story and agrees to contract it, you wait with baited breath for the day to come when it goes on sale. Then you wonder.Will it sell well? Will people like it? Will it get good reviews?

I've been working in the epublishing world for a few years now and the wait time from acceptance to publication is usually just a few months. But when you sell to a traditional print publisher, the wait to see it in print can be a year and more.

The first erotic romance in my Forgotten Goddesses series from Sourcebooks Casablanca will be released in July. I sold the book in early 2010. That's almost a year and a half from sale to on-sale. Now, I've finished another four or five books in the intervening time, so I've kept busy. But as July creeps closer, I find myself lying awake at night wishing I would wake up and it would magically be July. Of course, that would mean I'd miss the fun of Lori Foster's Reader's Weekend, my oldest son's graduation from high school and my birthday.

Good things do come to those who wait. I get that. I just wish they'd come a little fast.

Hate to wait? You don't have to! Would you like to read WHAT A GODDESS WANTS before it goes on sale? I've got an ARC to give away. Leave me a comment, tell me what you hate to wait for and I'll pick one winner by Friday May 13. Remember to leave an email address with your comment so I can contact you.

WHAT A GODDESS WANTS

IN HIS ARMS, HER MAGIC POWERS ARE ON THE RISE...

Tessa, Etruscan Goddess of the Dawn, is losing her powers and now there's an Underworld god determined to run her down. She needs a hero and fast, because only sexual energy can give her power. So she seeks out Caligo, whose sexual prowess is legendary...

AND SHE'S THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN BRING HIM INTO THE LIGHT...
Caligo is a fabled Cimmerian warrior determined to stay away from spoiled goddesses who trample hearts after they've had their fun. But there's something irresistibly hot and inviting about Tessa and he knows he's her only change to escape the encroaching darkness...
 
Winners:
Since Blogger so unkindly ate some comments, I had my guys pick two winners to get an ARC.


*yadkny* and michele


I'll be sending you emails to get your addresses. Thanks so much everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment