Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mindi Ferrari Guest Blogger


Let me start by saying that I’m very happy to be doing this guest blog. Sarah you are amazing! Now let’s see a little bit about me. I have been a writer all my life but didn’t actually start trying to get published until around 5 years ago.  Like most writers I am not normal, nor have  I ever been. I am as crazy as they come. I have a brain that turns like a hamster wheels, and body that somehow has adopted some form of ADHD And my attention is like a dog always on to something else, new, and fun. Since I was 10 years old I dreamed of writing horror novels. That dream quickly ended with the realization that boys and girls were supposed to not only get along with one another, but they were so supposed to fall in love and live happily ever after. So then came Mindi the woman who had an imagination for writing the things us women dream about, with of course having little or no cap on my word. I have a young adult novel called “The first Taste” , and two adult paranormal romance novels- “Midnight Assassins” due May 30, 2011 and “Wicked Games”  due September 19, 2011. One contemporary romance called “Dark Days” no release date for this one yet and hope for hundreds more in the future.

When I first started writing Midnight Assassins, I knew that I wanted to bring the old-fashioned vampire to life. I didn’t want to stray too far from the truth- well the stories and movies we’ve all seen, but yet I wanted to give my vampires a feel that only I could explicate.  Our Vampire folklore needs to have a hero who is capable of murder and destruction, incredibly breathtaking, but yet has a weakness for that one woman that drives him insane with lust and love. So my research went as far as to finding out what most women would want in a vampire leader. I did a lot of movie watching and even went back to watching Nosferatu from 1922, but still I kept getting this crossed with the contemporary vampire. So then I decided why not put the two together. I mean if I were come across a vampire who spoke from the present but had been around for a few centuries, and had the good looks and charm to match I would go nuts. Us woman dream of this exact man that is drop dead sexy and has a personality to die for, but yet his only weakness is that one woman he notices  in crowd of a million. Her eyes drawing his very essence out of his body.
That’s where my story came to play: Here’s my short blurb about Midnight Assassin.
 Annie was definitely not ready for the life that was about to be handed to her. She was dealing with a job she liked, but a boss she hated. She had no family and only one true friend. One horrible day took her life by surprise. Beaten and almost dead she finds her life in the arms of a handsome, over bearing vampire and wants nothing more than to stay put there forever, but can't seem to let go of her past.
Nicholie was definitely on a mission in his life; to kill the hunters that killed his sister Emma, and maintaining his life as an assassin which was more than time consuming. Closing in on a lead, he ends up finding Annie instead, and falls head over heels with this breathtaking human that he wants to make his own, testing his very belief system as a vampire.
For me this novel started out my quest for finding all those sexy brooding men out there that played around in my head. Some sat playing chess with no shirt and had ropes of muscle just begging to be licked. Some were sitting there on a bench elbows resting on their knees, thinking about their next kill and dreaming about the woman they seen the day before. Or the hero that pulls up on his motorcycle, the mysterious man that makes everyone’s head turn from his gorgeous good looks and sexy leather chaps. The scenarios go on and on, each man waiting to be plucked from my head and placed in the novel that tells their story. So after all of this my novel Midnight Assassin only seems fitting to read and hold tight next to your chest at night case you just can’t get enough of the story. Midnight Assassins comes out on May 30th, 2011 from Secret Cravings Publishing . And after all of this please feel free to look me up on Facebook or email me on my website www.mindiferrari.com. Can’t wait to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment