Wednesday, September 26, 2012

MURPHY'S LAW AND SOME EXCITING NEWS

Hello everyone.
The New Romance Writers conference was in mid-August and just before it I had a burst of submitting – a book called The Bachelor Prince.  Just after conference I got 3 offers for the same book from 3 different publishers.  My oh my it was a tense time, waiting, wondering what to do, but in the end I was ecstatic to receive an offer from Entangled Publishing for my Bachelor Prince manuscript.  It was a fun day.  You know how they go, you’re out all morning busy doing ‘normal’ stuff, i.e. not writing related and then I had to pick up a couple of writer friends – we meet weekly to talk about our works-in-progress.  Well… says I – “can I just check my emails on your computer before we go”
So I duly checked them – without my reading glasses I must add, and low and yippee behold there was confirmation of a contract offer from Entangled.  There was much jumping up and down, squealing, and crying, this repeated when I had to get my girlfriend to re-read the email as I couldn’t focus without said glasses.
Then of course I had to reply too, I typed, she spell checked my typing – I really must remember to take glasses with me EVERYWHERE!
The afternoon was spent with my writer friends who really are the ones who REALLY understand what this all means, and of course downing a bottle of champagne for lunch!  So much fun.
Since then it’s been a hectic couple of weeks doing the revisions requested – 12 hour days for 11 days straight.  But it’s done and dusted now, until the next round LOL.
But it’s great news and I’m very excited about it all.  No release date yet, but I’ll yell it from the loudest rooftop when I hear.
But now I get on to Murphy’s law.  When a person is not busy (am I ever not busy???) Anyway, here I am in my revision cave frantically spending hour upon hour hunched over the keyboard and what do I want to do.
Housework.  Yes.  Sad I know, but I was craving housework, wanting to fluff and move furniture around.  Why is it that you want to do what you can’t do when you don’t have the time to do it?  It’s like housework became part of the ‘grass is greener’ syndrome.  Does that make me one sad puppy, wanting to do housework?  I even imagined myself in my little apron dusting.    Yes, definitely sad.
So now the revisions are off and tomorrow is a FREE day what will I do?
Housework – maybe.
I was thinking about paying bills
Na… maybe I’ll read a book

So the question is, am I normal?  What do you do when you have down time from your hectic life?  And do you have a craving for housework when you’re busy doing other stuff?  (Really I’m sure I’m odd on that score!)

Happy reading everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment