Thursday, September 6, 2012

Too many ideas…too little time! (FREE Anthology)

Too many ideas…too little time!

I feel like that single sentence is the bane of my existence most of the time, which is why I never suffer writer’s block! Don’t know what it is, in a real sense, because for me, slowing down the ideas has always been the real problem, not finding them! How many of you suffer that problem, and what do you do about it?

For me, I have more stories outlined and filed in notebooks, etc., than I will ever realistically be able to write, and still there’s rarely a day that passes when something new doesn’t present itself and want to be written. I think the only “saving grace” in all of this has become eBook, which enable you to tell short stories as well as novel-length tales. Since I love telling stories in all lengths, it’s wonderful! There are times when running more than ten pages ends up being less than desirable, padding doesn’t enhance a story, not always, sometimes it merely slows it to a crawl as you wade through what isn’t necessary.

Ideally, when you’re dealing with eBooks, what is the length of story you enjoy most? Do you prefer novels, or the more immediate gratification of a well crafted novella? I have to admit it, mostly I still read novels in paperback. For short stories and novellas, I love my eReader.

At the moment, I’m on the verge of having three new titles released, and they vary in length to a large degree. The shortest is a mere 7K with a huge potential for allowing the reader’s imagination to further the story and where it might have been, as well as where it’s going. That one is called “Return To Love” and will be published with Eirelander Publishing, it’s also an Historical Western.

Clay Butler is a man who rules the quiet town of Cedar Springs with an iron will, and a code of honour that defines all he is. But the past haunts him, and the loss of a woman who was his second chance at happiness weighs heavily on his over-burdened mind...

Also coming is a dark and deadly story called “Hunters’ Game” that should be out any day now. This one is set in modern Toronto, at a Goth club, and the hunters are vampires out to play a seductive and bloody game with their prey. It has a bit of ménage, some Dom/s play, a lot of decadent sex and twisted feeding. I don’t think I’ve ever written anything quite this dark before, so it’s unique to my catalogue, to be sure.

In modern Toronto, two vampires stalk the night, their hunting a game that is seductive and deadly. In a darkly compelling Goth Club, they find the prey they seek for their pleasures, and the night runs crimson with blood and unquenchable thirsts....

BUY IT HERE: RELEASED TODAY

The final tale in my upcoming releases will be my next Ellora’s Cave tale. Set during Halloween, it’s called “Reckless Assignation” and I hope will be a lot of fun. I enjoyed this one a lot, it’s part thriller (hence being part of the Breathless line), and there’s even a hint of paranormal tossed in, what could be more perfect for All Hallow’s than the appearance of ghost in the middle of a passionate rendezvous?

Halloween is the setting for a very private party between two lovers, one of them a world-class, sophisticated intelligence operative who’s trying to teach his young and innocent lady that curiosity can sometimes take you places you’d be better not to go… Rick also has a lesson to learn, when his past collides with his present, and almost destroys everything...

I’ll be posting more to my blogs and newsletters as each book comes out, so if you’re interested, sign up for my newsletter – it comes out about 6 times a year now. You can find it here: ROMANCE AND FANTASY NEWSLETTER

Snap-Shots

– A collection of Erotic Passion and Nocturnal Cravings



Thirteen stories of sensual seduction, discovered passion, and

the shadows in the night that call to our darkest desires. Many of these stories have appeared in various venues over the past five years, but this is the first time they’ve been collected in a single volume. So, enjoy the temptations in these sizzling tales:


Games of Seduction

New Year’s Eve

Beloved Stranger

Haunted

Eternity Awaits

Cold Wind in the Night

Because I Am Yours

Ancient Magic

Pipe Dreams

Rage... And Vengeance...

Anticipation

Behold, My Rahve

And How Was Your Day?


*Contains both erotic and non-erotic material.*


Denysé

"Live the Romance, Become the Fantasy..."

** Best-Selling Author of 2011 **
WEBSITE: http://www.denysebridger.com
Fantasy Pages (general): http://fantasy-pages.blogspot.com
Bound By Passion (adult content): http://boundpassion.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment