Friday, April 22, 2011

20 Questions with Author Drea Becraft!!!

Please give us your website addy, a list of your books and a short bio.


• Website:

www.dreabecraft.webs.com

• Bio:

Drea Becraft lives in a little town in Northwestern, Ohio. Married to her high school sweetheart, she has spent most of her adult life devoted to her kids and husband.As a stay-at-home mother of three growing girls, she often spends her downtime reading anything and everthing she can get her hands on.Until her overactive imagination decided to give way to really good ideas for stories of her own. So In-between taking care of her children and running a very busy household. She began typing away at the keyboard. Watching what is inside her head, as they are being molded into grand adventures, has been exhilarting.

• Book List:

Live For The Todays

The Thrice Princess


How do you usually come up with a story idea? Dreams? Writer’s journal? Eavesdropping on conversations? Newpaper?

• Would it be bad to say a little of everything above? I take stories wherever I can get them.


What is your process from idea to first draft?

• I normally only get the main key points in a story to play in my head and then I just sit down and write. I am a fly by the seat of my pants kind of writer.


Who or what inspires you when your creative mojo is lagging?

• Space away from the project. I know its kinda counter productive but sometimes I just have to step away and do something else to get the juices flowing once again.


Who is your Yoda—your seasoned mentor?

• I don’t have one which is kinda strange but it is what it is.


What importance do you place on writing workshops? What workshops would you recommend to us?

• Never been to one so I can’t recommend anything sorry.


What person would you like to thank for inspiring you in your writing aspirations? How did this person help you?

• I don’t think of it as one person more like a group of people. All my friends and fans have shown great support in everything that I have done and I would be lost without them.


Have you ever used songs for inspiration?

• I have used songs in stories but as for inspiration I guess not.


Do you play music when you write? If so, what kind? Or, do you have to have silence or background noise to set your writing muse free?

• Yes I do. If anything it helps to keep me in the zone while the kids are upstairs playing and being noisey


Have you ever given assistance to a struggling new writer? Has another writer ever come to your aide? How?

• I have never lent a helping hand since I am a new author but I am sure once the time comes I will be all to happy help as much as I can.


What do you consider your greatest accomplishments in your career so far?

• Just basically being published I guess!


If you won the big lottery, what would you do with the money? Would give any of it to charity? If so, which one?

• Honestly I would catch up on all my bills build a house in the country set a portion aside for my children and their future and then probably do something in the book community.


What is the best advice you want to give to a new writer?

• Just get down your stories, you’re going to get rejected we all do, but just keep going because one yes is all it takes.


If you could choose an animal for a mascot, what animal would it be? What do you admire about this animal? Do you feel you have qualities similar to this animal? If so, what are they?

• Lion. Their grace, stamina and also there distict sense of loyalty.


If money, education and fear factors were set aside, what three careers would you like to attempt other than writing?

• Cop

• Nurse

• Teacher


If money, talent and fear were no object, what big adventure would you like to have?

• Travel the world every country or contenint for at least a month each.


What characteristics do you like to instill in your heroes? What characteristics do you feel are necessary for a good heroine?

• Loyalty is the biggest one I think. It doesn’t matter how hot they are if they are loyal their not worth anything ;0).


If you had the power to change two things in the world, what would those two things be?

• No child would ever be without a loving home or hungry ever again.

• I know the whole world peace thing is a cliché but it would be nice.


If could have a super power for a day, what would it be? Why?

• Teleportation so I could travel and see things I would never be able to see other wise.

 

Blurb:


While her fate was set during the previous great wars of immortals, Anastasia Gruff is nothing but mortal until the night she stumbles upon a scene that turns her world upside down. Now, she struggles to adjust to a world where nothing is what it seems, and feels more at home than ever before.

Devlin Miconis, heir to the vampire throne, is facing certain death. When a mortal woman saves his life, and gives him back his soul, he must figure out how to repay her. Now that she has given him something to live for, can he protect her from those who mean her harm?

No comments:

Post a Comment