Monday, November 19, 2012

Preparing the Ritual Sacrifice

From the words of Anya (Emma Caulfield) in Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 4, Episode 8 entitled Pangs:

"I love a ritual sacrifice... To commemorate a past event, you kill and eat an animal. [Thanksgiving is] a ritual sacrifice with pie."

And this year, for the first time since being married (going on 11 years now in December), I will be preparing the ritual sacrifice... ie - the turkey. I'm equal parts excited and scared.

I have two recipes -- one from Good Eats mixed with a bacon-wrapped turkey recipe I heard about last year. I'm totally wrapping my turkey in bacon. And I'll have my trusty camera handy to chronicle the whole event so I can write about it on my blog after the fact.

Hopefully I'll do okay. So this year the thing I'm most thankful for is recipe websites that have been making me look good to my hubby's coworkers for the last year. Sure I've been sticking to recipes within my skill level but it's still stuff I've never made. The turkey will be the first involved recipe I've ever tackled.

Thanks to the AllState guy, I won't ever try frying a turkey. I'm sure most of you remember this commercial:



Happy little ray of sunshine, isn't he?

Anyway, to all you happy people preparing your own ritual sacrifice, I leave you with a clip from my all time favorite Thanksgiving movie...



Happy Thanksgiving,

--
Zenobia Renquist
Discover Different and Unique Romance
http://about.me/zenobiarenquist

No comments:

Post a Comment