Sunday, November 25, 2012

What Did They Know? When Did They Know It?



No, I’m not referring to the tragedy in Benghazi, but rather a couple of questions my editor kept asking as she edited Temptress of Time. Which, of course, got me thinking. Just when and how much of their past lives did my heroes remember and how did it impact their lives with my heroine.

I started writing Temptress of Time (originally titled That Other Diane) because I wanted to get more emotion into my stories. My editor had commented that many authors have difficulty with that aspect of their writing. The authors I most admire, however, don’t seem to have that problem. Even when I pay attention to how they phrase things, I just can’t quite get there.

Anyway, my editor’s questions about my heroes took the book in a slightly different direction from where it began. It  became more about my heroine’s journey and what she learned about herself.

As to whether or not I succeeded in evoking emotion…I’ll leave up to readers to decide. I’d love to have your feedback at: deebrice@sbcglobal.net.

Have a wonderful day.

Dee Brice

No comments:

Post a Comment