Friday, April 20, 2012

Party On, Wayne



Hello fellow Sexy Divas!!

I got back from RT 2012 in Chicago this week and I have to say I had a BLAST! I'm still recovering from the book signings, parties, after parties and late night chatting sessions in the hotel room.

There is something electrifying about having the opportunity to hang out with writers and readers, the chance to talk shop and actually have people around you who are not only interested in the same things, but EXCITED about them too.

There were so many highlights for me, and I thought I'd share a few of them here with you.

The Girls
I got to share a room and hang out with the charming and talented Delphine Dryden, Cara McKenna and Ruthie Knox. Yes, that's right, four women sharing two beds. We got cozy and none of us snored!! The late night/early morning conversations were worth their weight in gold to me. Plus, I got to spend valuable face time with my friends.

The Signings
This year I participated in both the E-Book Expo and the Book Fair. There is something crazy and fun about being in a room with hundreds of other writers and being able to spend time with readers. I actually had people come up to chat who've read my books. I know, I know, but it still strikes me a odd even after having been published for six years. I loved every second of it, even though it was very loud.

The Workshops
You haven't lived until you've had a chance to play Erotic Pictionary. I haven't laughed that much in my life! I got to co-host the Carina Press Bingo reader session, laughing as I tried to make up sentences from the random words we selected from a bag. There were so many informative session that I wasn't able to make, but had heard about. Next time I go, I want to try and do more.

The Pitches
RT provided lots of opportunities to pitch to editors and agents. I found myself getting in line more than once and even walked away with some requests! Now I need to get back to the hard work of cleaning up that submission and sending it off. :)

The Parties
The parties at RT really are the highlights of the week. From hip hop dance parties (I wore electric blue hammer pants), to flapper dresses, highland fae and cocktail parties, there was something for everyone. The Carina Press cocktail party, followed by the Harlequin dance was probably my favorite event.

Yes, the week is as exhausting as it sounds. I'm still recovering from the week! That said, I'd go back in a heartbeat. Maybe I will too!


Multipublished author Christine d'Abo loves exploring the human condition through a romantic lens. She takes her characters on fantastical journeys that change their hearts and expand their minds. A self-professed sci-fi junkie, Christine can often be found chatting about her favorite shows and movies. When she's not writing, she can be found chasing after her children, dogs or husband.

Christine is published with Carina Press, Ellora's Cave, Samhain Publishing, Cleis Press and Berkley Heat. Please visit her at www.christinedabo.com and come chat with her at Twitter Christine_dAbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment