Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sweet N Sexy Soulful Quotes

Hello romance fans and Happy Saturday! Today I'm excited to feature books from authors of my special interest RWA chapter, Celtic Hearts Romance Writers. This fabulous group focuses on the very popular - you guessed it - Celtic genre. From hot Scots to irresistible Irish warriors (and everything else in between) this clan is one of my very favorites. I encourage you to check them out.

Now, the books I feature are from authors who were not afraid to be soulful, sappy, and/or suggestive when it came to their heroes. So, grab a seat, and pick up a pen and paper (or fire up your eReaders) so you can add these to your TBR collection.

Happy reading!

She'd been off-limits to him before simply because she didn't know who she was, but now she was off-limits because he had to keep focused. He couldn't be a professional if he kept thinking of her as a woman, a companion, a lover.

When Malcolm entered the room, Heather stiffened, but didn't turn to him. "Heather." He set his hand on her shoulder. "We can go."

She slid out from under his fingers. "I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Going to solve this mystery on your own then, are you? Going back to your flat, then?"

"No, but I...." Whatever thoughts raced through her head, she refused to share them. Instead, she sipped more of her cofffee and kept her gaze focused on the far wall with the window. Outside, darkness crept over the horizon, squeezing out the orange and reds of the late afternoon sky.

"What's wrong?"

"Every time I close my eyes, all I can see are your fists pounding into that man."

Malcolm crouched before her and lighty bumped his fist on her knee. "He was there to hurt you. I wasn't about to let that happen." When she said nothing, he continued. "Heather, I'm still the same man."

She shook her head. "Oh no, you're not. Where I come from B & B owners don't have moves like that, don't know how to handle weapons like experts, and don't talk in code like spies."

"I'm not a spy."

"But you're not just a B & B owner either."

"No, I'm not."
~ Alexa Bourne, Her Highland Champion


She reached out and clutched Ciaran’s arm, immediately realizing her mistake. He felt like a rock underneath his tunic. She became aware of his strength and the warmth of his flesh. She lowered her gaze, but when she looked down, his kilt was parted and showed part of his muscular thigh. It was torture and the room was getting so warm.

Carried away by her own response, she failed to notice that he was still looking at her, waiting. She tingled as he spoke her name. Tenderly, his eyes melted into hers. She could not find her voice. She could barely breathe, and she hungered from the memory of his mouth upon hers. Praise the saints. What was the matter with her?

He leaned in close and whispered in her ear. "Lass, your eyes show me what ye are clearly thinking. I suggest ye remove your hand from my arm and your eyes from my kilt."
~ Victoria Roberts, Temptation In A Kilt





"I could not prevent this terrible thing from happening, but I will hold her now, and keep her safe. If the Almighty sees fit to take her this night, he will have to pluck her from my arms. If she lives, my face will be the first thing she sees when she awakens.”
~ B.J. Scott, Highland Legacy











His smile widened. “Come and meet Peki.” He opened the short stall door.

She hesitated outside the narrow space.

“You’re not afraid, are you?”

“Not of the horse.”

Jack chuckled. “I’ll be on my best behavior.”

“For a warrior or a soldier?”

“Myself.”

Keeping her eyes on his broad back, she said, “I’m not sure if that’s good or bad.”

“Come discover.”

She slipped inside the pen bedded with clean straw and turned almost in awe at the horse towering above her. She patted his sleek neck. “He’s beautiful. You could start a new line with him.”

“Yes. He’s the finest I’ve ever known. But God help me, Karin, so are you.”

A current charged through her at his words and the emotion behind them. She swiveled, lifting her eyes to the intensity in his. “Why do you need the Lord’s help?”

“You have no idea,” he said huskily.
~ Beth Trissel, The Bearwalker's Daughter



Renee Vincent is an award-winning author of historical and contemporary romance.






No comments:

Post a Comment