Monday, April 2, 2012

The Plot Bunny: The Good and the Bad


The Plot Bunny: The Good and the Bad
Sharita Lira

Greetings! It’s April already? Good grief! A quarter of the year already gone, quite unbelievable that 2012 is flying by but we say that about every year. And here I sit at my computer with deadlines as per usual as well as the plot bunnies that continue to pop in my brain.

No, no, wait! I’ve got deadlines! Don’t you see? A book due 4/15, a short due in May, another in June, yet these little buggers don’t give a damn. They come when I write, when I sleep, sometimes while driving and I have to focus or else I might have an accident. What the hell? Do they plan these attacks? I certainly think they do. When I least expect it, I’ve got ideas from a photograph, a song, scenario, a sentence or word, and if it’s really good it’s ready to be written in synopsis form with a couple of pictures for inspiration. If not, the thoughts are scribbled in my notebook until they become full ideas.

Do those ever develop into stories? Yeah they do. My Lieutenant for one, started out as a very small idea that I wrote in my notes; an interracial couple that meets when one man notices the other's apartment getting burglarized. That turned into a full fledge book with a sequel and a possible series in the works. When will I have time for this? Dunno!


Yes that picture is true. And just when will I have time to write about the one plot bunny that haunts me because of this picture on the right: 


An m/m story, penning my muse named Jayden becoming the obsession of his coworker who’s happily married but doesn’t seem to care about the consequences. Yeah some tension there! Something About Jayden has been on my mind since like last August but because of deadlines and stories that push ahead a little more, I keep putting it off. I better write it someday soon or this bunny will eat me, I’m sure of it.

The things multiply and can become vicious, but tell me, where would we writers be without them? When in a slump, some call it writer’s block, other’s call it, well, a slump, they need these to jumpstart their writing. If you’ve been devoid of ideas then they’re good to look back on. This has never happened to me. I think I may have enough stories to last me quite a while but if it ever did, all I have to do is look in the book and my ever growing synopsis folder which currently has 16 ideas in there. Oh and don’t even mention the ones that are started and unfinished. Those just need serious edits and would probably be ready if I took the time but again, when will this be?

Hopefully this summer! I purposely decided not to answer so many subcalls so I can feed some of those bunnies and give them their just due. Some of them, like the Jayden story are amazing. Others need serious work and maybe just maybe I’ll be able to get to those later on.

What about the rest of you? Authors, what do you think about the plot bunnies? Do you hold on to them? Have little scraps of paper waiting to be read? Tell me. Thanks for listening.

Official Blurb: Nathan Ellerby's apartment has been ransacked by his ex who didn't like the fact Nathan dumped him. Trouncing through the debris uttering a string of obscenities, Nathan's shocked to see Lieutenant Bryant Duncan at his door claiming he's already caught the offender. Sensing an instant connection, when Nathan finds out Bryant's divorced and he's straddling the fence between being gay or bisexual, Nathan finds himself in a quandary.

 Although the Lieutenant does everything in his power to prove to Nathan he's worthy, Nathan is afraid to lower his defenses which leaves both men wondering if Nathan will allow love into his life even through his doubts.

Buylinks




Booktrailer


Author Sharita Lira: The Triad, otherwise known as the characters in the head of Sharita Lira are three separate muses that are the driving force behind her small amount of success. Misses Lira sees her own life as one that is very ordinary, so instead of presenting herself out to the world, she created three personalities that continue to haunt her all hours of the night to get several WIP’s done at the speed of light, and push her to the brink of sheer exhaustion, but she loves it and that’s the reason she hasn’t told them to get the hell out her head.

Michael Mandrake, BLMorticia, and Rawiya collectively have written over 30 stories published in e-book and or print through 7 different publishers. Right now as it stands, Mrs. Lira and the muses have 6 sole author books with much more to come in 2012 and beyond.

She is a happily married mother of two that writes m/m, m/f, ménage, paranormals, contemporaries, and for fun some fan fiction. She is a proud member of the Erotica Readers & Writers Association, as well as an advocate for rights of LGBT citizens, and a big fan of 80′s and heavy metal music. She’s also a contributor to the heavy metal ezine Fourteeng.net.

For more information, please visit http://www.thelitriad.com as well as her Facebook fanpage, The Literary Triad.


The Literary Triad - http://www.thelitriad.com/#!

Michael Mandrake – http://tabooindeed.blogspot.com






No comments:

Post a Comment