Wednesday, June 8, 2011

5 Random Questions with Stephanie Julian

Why do you write about Etruscans?
When I decided to try my hand at paranormal, I had this idea about cursed witches. But I didn't want to write about Celtic witches. First of all, everyone who wrote witches, wrote about Celtic witches. I wanted something different so I dug into my Italian heritage and found several references to the ancient Etruscans. There wasn't a lot of information but what I could find whet my appetite. That lack of hard information allowed me to play with the known mythology and mold it into something that was unique and mine.

What are you most looking forward to in the coming months?
The first book in the Forgotten Goddesses series, What A Goddess Wants, will release in July and I'm anxiously counting down the days. Every year, my oldest son and I head to the Warped Tour for a day of 100 degree temperatures, mosh pits, sweaty, smelly bodies and lots of music. We have a blast. And later this summer, my guys and I will be seeing Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine and Three Days Grace, in addition to a few others, on the Uproar Tour.

Why do you love Junior Mints?
My mom and I have been going to the movies together since I was 6 years old and she's the one that got me hooked on Junior Mints. I can't smell popcorn without craving those little minty morsels of dark chocolate. And I can't write after lunch without having a few (or a few too many).

What's your favorite Broadway show?
There is nothing like live theater. My mom started taking me to New York when I was 10 and got me addicted to the theater. I love "South Pacific." At one time, I could sing the entire show. I also love "Rent." I still can sing that entire show and I was lucky enough to see the original cast, which included Taye Diggs, Idina Menzel, Anthony Rapp and Adam Pasquale. In the guilty pleasure category, "Bat Boy: The Musical" takes the cake. I saw it at a local theater, Ephrata Performing Arts Center, but what made the show memorable was it's star, who's gone on to star on Broadway and television and in the movies. His name: Jonathon Groff of "Spring Awakening," "Glee" and "Taking Woodstock."

Why do you love hockey?
Because my husband is a hockey fanatic and it's rubbed off on me. We have season tickets to our hometown ECHL team, the Reading Royals, which translates into 32 dates where I sit shivering under a blanket while my husband totally ignores me. Okay, maybe I ogle the players. I mean, come on, they're young, strong, rugged and wield big sticks. What's not to love. They skate like the wind and fight at the drop of a glove. They might be missing a tooth or two but they usually have more than enough hair to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment