Friday, July 22, 2011

Interview with Taige Crenshaw!



Please give us your website addy, a list of your books and a short bio.


Taige Crenshaw is a multi-published author with books available at Ellora's Cave Publishing, Liquid Silver Books, Loose Id, Total-E-Bound and Summerhouse Publishing. Taige has been enthralled with the written word from time she picked up her first book. It wasn’t long before she started to make up her own tales of romance. With novels set in today, in alternate dimensions, or in the future she writes with adventure, fun sassy heroine’s, and sexy hero’s. Always hard at work creating new and exciting places Taige can be found curled up with a hot novel with exciting characters when she is not creating her own. Join her in the fun, frolic, interesting people and far reaches of the world in her novels. You can find out more about Taige at her website: http://www.taigecrenshaw.com or blog: http://www.taigecrenshaw.com/blog.

List of your books

Summerhouse Publishing

Singleton Series

Hurricane, July/August 2011

Phoenix Intelligence Agency Series

Indigo Rain, March 2011

Silken Inferno, June 2011


Total-E-Bound

Blackstone Haven Series

Power of Attraction, January 2011

Power of Instinct, May 2011

Club Immortality Series

Lay Me Down, October 2007

Burning Touch, May 2008

Silk & Shadows, July 2009


Liquid Silver Books

Nefer Investigations Force Series

Onyx Moon Rising, August 2007

Seductive Pursuits Series

Body Cravings, October 2008


Ellora's Cave

Olympus Unleashed Series

Seducing A God, June 2007

God Style Temptation, January 2008

Print- Anthology, Includes Seducing a God: Naughty Nuptials, November 2009

Immortal Blossom Series

Carnal Awakening, July 2007

Rarities Incorporated Series

Golden Seduction, King of Cups - Torrid Tarot Series, September 2007

Shadow Dance, October 2007

Veils Rising, December 2007

Print-Combo, Book 1, 2 & 3: Rarities Incorporated, March 2008


Loose Id

Forever, I Do, February 2009


How do you usually come up with a story idea? Dreams? Writer’s journal? Eavesdropping on conversations? Newpaper?

I’ve dreamt about stories that appeared in a dream like a movie. Also I’ve seen things that inspire me. I am a people watcher and enjoy making up stories about people. Trying to figure out who they are.

Who or what inspires you when your creative mojo is lagging?

I take a break to recharge. I love to read or pursue something creative. Love to sew, draw and many other things. So I do one of those things and get my thoughts clear before going back.

What importance do you place on writing workshops? What workshops would you recommend to us?

Workshops to learn more of your craft is extremely important. However I would caution that you take the onfomrtaion you can use and leave the rest. Meaning not everything anyone says that this is the right or obnly way to do such and such is true/ As a writer you have to judge what workd for you.

What person would you like to thank for inspiring you in your writing aspirations? How did this person help you?

My mom and my big sis. From time I was a child they instiolled the love of writing in me. My mom used to listen to all my ideas and give her thoughts on them. It was invaluable. She passed away a few years ago I miss her impensilly. My big sis and I talk about books all the time. She listens to me as I talk about my books and undertanstds what ot means ot me. She is the ear that listens to my ideas now.

Have you ever used songs for inspiration?

Yes. I have a playlisyt I create for each book.

Do you play music when you write? If so, what kind? Or, do you have to have silence or background noise to set your writing muse free?


Sometimes. I have a playlist. If I don’t have music I have something playing on TV for background noice.

Do you read in a different genre than you write? If yes, why? If you read in the same genre that you write, do you feel that it influences your writing in any way?

Yes. I read every genre. Have lists of authors I love under each. And I do read in my own genre and no it doesn’t influence me.

What is your process from idea to first draft?

I come up with the characters then let them tell me their story. Once I have the characters in my mind I start to write their story. Then I write it. I usually do the first draft with everything in it weaving it that when I am done I have a viable first draft when done. Once done I go back to fill in any gaps and so on.

Have you ever given assistance to a struggling new writer? Has another writer ever come to your aide? How?

I have helped new writers. Having someone to give their thoughts is a great tool. One I got when I started. I remember when I started I had some authors who were very helpful to me and I do the same whenever I can.

What do you consider your greatest accomplishments in your career so far?

Writing each book. Each time I complete a new book it is an accomplishment. A gift to write it. And then have it read by readers who let me know their thought. All of that humbles me. And I am thankfully to be able to write and talk with readers who love to read.

If you won the big lottery, what would you do with the money? Would give any of it to charity? If so, which one?

Give my siblings who are close to me some of it. Set up a charity to get the joy of reading and writing out. Then buy myself a few things.

What is the best advice you want to give to a new writer?

Write. Write the book then sub it and write the next.

If money, education and fear factors were set aside, what three careers would you like to attempt other than writing?

Bookstore owner. Professor and Lawyer.

If money, talent and fear were no object, what big adventure would you like to have?

A trip around the world.


















No comments:

Post a Comment