Sunday, July 31, 2011

Introducing Myself

How yinz doin' out there?

Pleasure to be here. My name is Danielle Monsch and I am excited to introduce myself as the newest blogger on Sweet N Sexy Divas. 

I guess I should tell you a little about me, after all that's usually the point of an introductory post, right? I was born the seventh son of a seventh son... wait, scratch that, wrong intro.

More like I was born the eldest of three kids in the wilds of Pittsburgh, PA. Ah, Pittsburgh, home of the Stillers, potholes the size of mini moats, Primanti Bros. sandwiches, and guys proudly sporting non-ironic mustaches.

While in my heart I will be a yinzer until the day I die, these days I live in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest. It took awhile to get used to the never-ending greenness and air that doesn’t hold any of my cherished pollutants, but I’m managing. Learning the native language of the PNW citizenry is a little more difficult, with my blunt east coast speech forever smacking hard against their uber PC west coast vernacular. Maybe that’s why I tend to stay inside and write.

Oh yes, writing. The reason I’m here.

I write romance, mostly of the fantasy type variety. I use the term fantasy to encompass everything from paranormal favorites with vampires and demons and werewolves, to the sword & sorcery stuff with elves, dragons, and… well… swords and sorcery, to anything else including updates on mythology and reworkings of fairy tales and crazy alternate histories.

I’ve only been published for a short while. My first story Loving a Fairy Godmother came out in April, and my second Pleasure Satellite came out in May from Ellora’s Cave.

In the works now I have a full length sword & sorcery paranormal romance book that I am shopping around and hoping makes it to print. I also am working on more short stories for the epub market. No release dates yet, but hopefully I’ll have a few more stories released before the end of the year.

Outside of the books I am a proud geek girl who loves my anime and manga (Japanese cartoons and comic books for those who may not be familiar with the terms.) I have a great geek husband, and we are the very lucky parents of two amazing little girls.

You can find me on the web in a few places. My website, facebook, and twitter are all great places to go and friend me. Got to admit I haven’t been too active on any of them lately with summer vacations and family gatherings happening, but I will be getting more active in the next few weeks.

So I hope to see everyone often! My regular blogging day will be the 6th of each month, and I am looking forward to visiting with all of you here on Sweet N Sexy Divas!

No comments:

Post a Comment