Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pirates and Aliens and Sex, Oh My!



Hello everyone! My name is Christine d'Abo and I am a new addition to Sweet N Sexy Divas. I thought I'd give a brief introduction to who I am before I dive into my topic.

For those of you who don't know me, I've been writing erotic romance for four years now. I got my start with Ellora's Cave, but over the years I've also published with Samhain, and have upcoming releases with Cleis Press, Carina Press and Berkley Heat.

My writing career to date has been a wild ride. A lot has happened that I'd never expected and it has taken me places I am thrilled to have gone. When I first started out, I was writing stories mostly for my own sanity. I never thought anyone would read them, nor was I planning on sending them out. But the more I got into my stories, the more I thought I'd like to share them. The fact that anyone actually looks for my stories is flattering beyond believe.

I'm a sci-fi girl at heart and have been since I was a kid. I loved Doctor Who, Start Trek, Buck Rogers and any other show I could get my hands on. My parents didn't get where my love came from, but they certainly encouraged it. But when I started writing seriously, it never occurred to me to write sci-fi. Weird, right? And combining sci-fi and romance...who did that!?

Thank God I figured it out. :)

I can pinpoint when I first became fascinated with the idea of romance in space. It was an episode of Buck Rogers. Erin Gray's character was being seduced by a space vampire. When I look back on YouTube to see clips from the episode now, I think, "Dear lord, this is bad crap", but at the time I was enthralled.

My own space universes tend to have few vamps and more aliens. :) The pleasure at exploring ideas in my own playground where I make the rules has been a liberating experience for me. Sexy gay space pirates? Sure! Alien life bonds that result is smutty sex? Hell yes! Everyone has fun in my universe. :)

To date, I have two separate erotic romance sci-fic series. The Eternal Bond books take place on a human colony on the far reaches of space. My humans are far from perfect and their alien love interests stumble as much as they succeed. The colonists who live on Eurus fight themselves as much as they fight the alien invasions.

My newest series is called Bounty. Hot and dangerous, my space pirates as bad boys who find love where they least expect it. Book one in the series, No Quarter was my first m/m and I have to say I loved writing it. Now with more than a few under my belt, I have to say my love of m/m space romance is high.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

No Master is my most recent release. This stand alone book follows Korbin, the head of the pirates. His quest to save his second in command from falling back into the life of being a sex slave was a challenging book for me to write. I'm thrilled with the end result and I hope you will be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment