Sunday, July 10, 2011

Tracey Kitts Shows Us Her Latest

Fate's Embrace. Awesome cover, blurb and excerpt. Let's put our hands together for Tracey!

Blurb:


Raina’s spell accidentally awakens her guardian wizard, Aleric, who has been preserved as a statue for three hundred years. He brings with him a hot body, great sex and enough magical knowledge to protect Raina from the danger she’s facing. She thinks that danger is Michael, the alpha werewolf who wants this sexy witch as his mate. But she might be wrong. Especially when both Aleric and Michael let her know they don’t object to sharing.
Between a hot wizard, a talking snake and a werewolf—and an evil mage out to steal her soul—Raina has her hands full.

Purchase Link:

http://www.jasminejade.com/p-9422-fates-embrace.aspx


Excerpt:

After checking to make sure my balcony doors were locked and that Percy was out of my room, I sat down at the vanity and poured myself a glass of wine. I was exhausted, but too upset to rest. Still, I must have dozed off because the next thing I knew my balcony doors swung open and a cool autumn breeze touched my skin.

Normally fall smells like apples, coffee, spices and burning leaves. But there was something different on the wind tonight. I moved toward the open doors as if in a trance, my thin silk robe billowing about my legs.

I can’t describe the scent exactly, but I can describe how it made me feel. Warm despite the cold, welcome, and most of all, safe. There was something so familiar in the touch of the wind, in the embrace of the night. I stood there a moment just enjoying the sensations. And then I saw him.

As I beheld him there in all his dark glory, arms and wings spread wide, the only word that came to mind was hallelujah. It was a broken word of praise, stolen from my lips before it was complete by a man who looked like one of the Fallen.

As he kissed me I knew one thing for certain, he was no angel. Dark wings enveloped me along with his arms, pressing me against the length of his body. His naked skin burned me through my thin robe. I reached up, running my fingers through his long, dark hair as his tender kiss stole my breath and my heart.

“When did I fall asleep?” I asked breathlessly.

His smile was all the proof I needed that this was a dream. No one could make me feel this way with just a smile.

“Raina.” My name sounded like a caress when he said it. “You’re not asleep.”

I took a step back, admiring the body I was so familiar with. Only now he was flesh and blood and there was nothing cold about him.

“If I’m not dreaming, then who are you?”

His eyes glowed in the darkness and I fought to keep my heartbeat steady. When he spoke again I nearly swooned. There was magic in his voice, unlike anything I’d heard before.

“I’m your guardian, preserved for centuries by your ancestors, waiting for your call. My name is Aleric.”

“Guardian? Like a guardian angel?”

He laughed softly and I gasped as he pulled me close again.

“Not even close.”

I ran my hands up and over his chest, savoring the feel of every curve beneath my hand, waiting for him to turn back to stone. Surely I would wake up soon.

He leaned in close, his breath warm against my lips. “You have only to accept my protection and no harm will come to you.”

“What are you?” I gasped.

His eyes flashed blue as he replied, “I’m exactly what you asked for.”

No comments:

Post a Comment