Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year!

I love the beginning of the year. You know why? Because I love resolutions.

But I don't do the normal resolutions - no losing weight or stop smoking for me! No, my resolutions revolve around what I'm going to be doing in the coming year that will help me enjoy my life, resolutions that I look forward to fulfilling.  I'll share those now with you!


  1. Write as naughty as I want - I enjoy writing romance and I enjoy writing erotic romance. I used to worry that I couldn't write both, that I would have to *pick* a side and stick with that, but after much thought and discussion, I've decided to heck with that. I'll write what the story needs and happily switch back and forth.
  2. I'm getting back into my Podcast - it's been on hold for awhile, but it's time to get back into the swing of things. I love to communicate and the podcast is yet another chance for me to do that.
  3. Go to more Conventions - thankfully I have a great hubby who will take the kids so I can! There is nothing I love more than bond with both fellow writers and wonderful readers over the greatness that is the romance genre. It restores my wellbeing and re-energizes my writing. When I have vacation time, this is what I'll be doing
  4. Don't stress - when you are a writer, it seems everyone has an opinion how you should act online. Do this - no, don't do this. Do that - no, don't do that. I figure I'm too old to worry about all that. I'll act in a way that wouldn't make my Grandma upset with me ( because that woman is to be obeyed) and let go after that.  And in keeping with the spirit of this one...
  5. Have fun - This might surprise readers, but most of us writers don't make a lot of money. What keeps us going is twofold: the hope of money  :)  and the sheer love of sharing our stories with other people and *gasp* actually have them enjoy those same stories! It's an amazing feeling. But publishing is a tough business and it can wear you down so fast. What this means to me is since I can't count on financially making a killing, I need to always grasp tight the enjoyment I get from writing and not lose that in the craziness of the business side of things. I'm not going to let fear and doubt destroy the happiness that writing brings to me.
And voila! My resolutions.  What are yours (and I hope they bring you as much pleasure as I plan on mine giving me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment