Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Other Passion - Cooking by Selena Robins

In December, I had the honor of interviewing Top Chef contestant Fabio Viviani by telephone. It occurred to me while we were talking that cooking and writing have so much in common.

Both are art forms. Both are subject to individual tastes and chefs and writers are both passionate about their craft.

The cooking/chef world is as competitive as the publishing industry. Chefs, like writers no longer can stand behind a counter and create culinary masterpieces, they also have to be out there, marketing themselves, connecting with their audience and also endure critiques and reviews. A lot of chefs these days are also venturing into the publishing world, with cookbooks and You Tube shows.

I admit, I buy a lot of cook books, mostly for the pictures and to get different ideas for entertaining and dinners, but I have a hard time following a recipe, as I was taught to cook without a recipe. However, as I love books (excluding reality television celebrity tell alls of course).

My interview with Fabio can be read on my blog. Fabio is also gifting EVERYONE free copies of all his eCookBooks.

If you have a moment, stop by and pick up some of his cook books, they have delicious recipes. His interview was also enjoyable and witty.

Selena's Blog
Selena's Website


About Selena:



Genre-defying, witty, humorous, suspenseful, romantic and sexy— words used to describe Selena’s novels. A self professed foodie and chocolate guru, she loves to dance with her dog, sing into her hairbrush and write in her PJ's. In love with her family, friends, books, laughter, hockey, lively discussions and red wine (sometimes all at the same time). Selena is a dragon slayer who enjoys reading and writing sassy heroines and hot heroes (the ones your mamma warned you about, but secretly wished she’d dated a few in her life).

No comments:

Post a Comment