Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Revisions Rock

Well, sometimes they do. I'm doing major revisions to a time travel novel that's under contract and--believe it or not, I'm having fun. Being a pantser I truly enjoy the unexpected situations my characters lead me into. But my biggest problem with the story is the historical settings. Since I write historical fantasy, I can get away with some things that aren't true of the era, but I like to keep the clothing semi-accurate.

Which brings me to an unexpected resource. Paper dolls. Yep! Those cutout dolls and dresses some of us used to play with before there were Barbies. What I've discovered is a wonderful source of what things were called in say 1200 AD. I do sometimes wish, however, that the authors would put in a figure with arrows pointing at the item. If you need help in this area, costuming, try Dover Publications/paper dolls.

Well, I'm back to revisions. But I'll leave you with a blurb from my Valentine's Day release--His Virtual Gift from eXtasy Books.


February 14, 3000: The destruction of the universe is at hand, unless their burning passion can grow into trust␣and love.
Traveling through space to a secret rendezvous point, Venusian Princess Jynx can␣t help but dream of the sexy prince she has been ordered to negotiate a treaty with and to marry. The Triangulum Prince Kemen is fascinated by the beautiful princess, but he is keeping a secret that threatens their galaxies␣ existence.
Their negotiations with each other and with the third galaxy believed to be a threat don␣t seem to be going anywhere, but Jynx and Kemen␣s passion builds to peaks of ecstasy in dreams and in person. But their shared nightmares portend complete annihilation.
Even with destruction looming, on the most romantic day in the universe, what can a man give a woman who has everything?

So long for now,
Dee Brice
Erotic Fantasies Where Nothing is Forbidden
deebrice.com

No comments:

Post a Comment