Thursday, January 5, 2012

It's That Time of Year Again

Once again we’ve reached the season for making New Year’s resolutions - those promises we make to ourselves that last 2.5 weeks on average then go the way of the full service gas station. I’m not big on setting goals only once a year but for the purposes of this blog, here are some things I’d like to accomplish in 2012.

1 – I resolve not to drink any more. I also resolve not to drink any less, unless I text or e-mail someone again after having one too many. Boy, did I get slapped around the last time I did that!

2 – I resolve to quit smoking. Bear in mind that I make this same promise every six months when I visit my Doctor and he shakes his head while reviewing my lab tests.

3 – I resolve to love thy neighbor, especially if she’s cute. I also resolve not to covet her ass if she’s living with someone who could take me out with one punch.

4 – I resolve to release at least two books this year, unless Resolution Number One gets in the way.

5 – I resolve to be more sensitive to the feelings of others, unless it’s another damn telemarketer who calls when I’m in the bathroom to sell me long-term disability insurance or a membership in the Fruit of the Month Club. The same condition applies to the guy who rings my doorbell early in the morning to ask if I want my trees trimmed.

6 – I resolve to be more patient with the jerk that cuts me off in traffic because he’s so wrapped up in a cell phone conversation that he doesn’t notice I’m on the same road at the same time. To be fair, he’s probably engaged in an important call, like ordering a pizza for pick-up on the way home.

7 – I resolve to respect the common sense-challenged kid working the drive-thru at McDonald’s who takes my order then asks, “Is that for here or to go?”

8 – On a serious note, I resolve to be an attentive friend, an active listener, more understanding when I don’t agree with what’s being said, and a regular guy who remembers that I didn’t get where I am by myself.

Happy New Year, my fellow Divas!

Tim Smith is an award-winning author whose books range from contemporary erotic romance to romantic adventure. He is also a freelance photographer. More inforamtion about his work can be found at his website, www.timsmithauthor.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment